Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night ...


There are many products on the market that help us keep up with the effects of UV discoloration on headlight lenses. The secret is to be diligent and use them for maintenance as soon as the glass gets a little hazy. If you wait until the lenses are completely clouded over you may only be able to improve the situation, but not cure it. I spent the better part of my Sunday afternoon trying to rescue a set of headlights that had been left untouched for too long. I bought the vehicle from someone else... I try not to let them go that long.

My rule of thumb is a light cleaning with one of the products (I use Meguiars Plast-X) every time I change the oil. That is also a good time to spray down your engine compartment and components with Simple Green. If you work on your own car, keeping the engine clean will make it much more enjoyable. If not, your mechanic will thank you.

Read this article from Popular Mechanics for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment