Thursday, December 15, 2011

nb2 15/12/11

The right thing
Pocket money [uncountable]
1 British English a small amount of money that parents give regularly to their children, usually every week or month [= allowance American English]
How much pocket money do you get?
Sal‧a‧ry plural salaries [uncountable and countable]
Money that you receive as payment from the organization you work for, usually paid to you every month [↪ wage, pay]:
The average salary is $39,000 a year.
People with high salaries
Wage
1 [singular] also wages [plural] money you earn that is paid according to the number of hours, days, or weeks that you work [↪ salary]:
He earns a good wage.
wise
1
decision/idea etc
wise decisions and actions are sensible and based on good judgment [= sensible]
it is wise to do something
It's wise to check whether the flight times have changed before you leave for the airport.
be wise to do something
I think you were wise to leave when you did.
a wise precaution
I don't think that would be a very wise move (=not be a sensible thing to do).
2
person
someone who is wise makes good decisions, gives good advice etc, especially because they have a lot of experience of life:
a wise old man
At the time I thought he was wonderful, but I'm older and wisernow.
As a manager, Sanford was wise in the ways of (=knew a lot about)company politics.

Live (V) /lɪv/- I live with my parents.
Live (Adj.) /laɪv/- a live concert
Life (N) (pl. lives) /laɪf/- I live a boring life
17 km/h- kilometres per hour
Sitting – sittin’
p.133
4A
A)
Have you ever bought…?/ I haven’t read…/ We’ve never been…/ Has your brother lived abroad…/ They’ve gone to…/ She’s never flown before…/ He hasn’t met…/ Have you eaten…
B)
We were to Ireland…/ ever been to Paris…/ I saw that film…/ ended…/
4B
A)
Have you made your bed yet?/ She has already gone to work/We have just had a cup of coffee/ I haven’t found a job yet/ He’s just sent me an e-mail/ They’ve already sold their house
B)
I have just had breakfast/ have you finished your homework yet?/ the film has already started/ I haven’t met his girlfriend yet/ They have just got married/ He’s already gone home/ have you spoken to him yet?/ I haven’t read his new book yet
4C
A)
My sister is thinner than me
I’m busier this week than last week
C. is further from L. than O.
I did the second exam worse than the first.
Ch. played better than A.
The men in my office work harder than the women
My new job is more boring than the old one
B)
As tall as Cindy, as heavy as your case /yours, as big as M C, as popular as football, languages as fast as children, work as hard as you, as well as F.

No comments:

Post a Comment